Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fondue Fun

I'm love trying new places to eat and I love Groupon! So why not combine the two?!? Sound like a great idea to me! I get to try yummy new food for a budget..holla! 2 Thursdays ago my friend and I decided to give one of my groupon spots a shot. It was for Fondue Stube located in the West Rogers Park neighborhood. I'm used to the chain fondue place called Melting Pot their style of fondue is what i'm personally used to. I like that a full meal at Melting Pot consists of a cheese fondue, a salad, an entree fondue, and ends with a dessert fondue. Also the entree fondue is served in a yummy broth which gives the food a great flavor. Fondue Stube on the other hand offers for $35/per person a salad that I had sanitation issues with because the dressing they serve comes in 3 large cups that go from table to table, the entree fondue and a dessert fondue...where oh where is the cheese fondue?!?! ohhh that's an additional $15. I say BOOOOOOOOOO to that Fondue Stube!  Another issue I had with the Stube is the fact that I had to cook my food in OIL do you hear me OIL!! I was the oil was popping and sizzling the entire time I tried to cook my meal therefore I was burnt many times :(. Also I had a plate full of oil by the end of the night which = bad in my eyes. After dinner we headed to the movies to see What's your number? even though we smelled like oil and had grease spots on our clothes. I must say I really did enjoy the movie and you might too so check it out! 

The salad and the 3 giant cups of dressing
 Meg lookin cheesy 
 And moi 
 Cooking the food 
 Each of us had our own plate of meat and four sauces and a shared plate of veggies
 Cooking again
 Broccoli and tiliapia
 a scallop and and a potato slice 
 Oil from my small dish poured onto my raw food dish with a scallop I don't eat 'em and Meg didn't want it
 cool art work of corks from different countries and years
 roasting marshmellows!
 mmmm...s'mores time! 
 the treats to dip into the chocolate

 The outside..very retro 









Bisous Bisous, The Rockin GerRoccan: Arkia

No comments:

Post a Comment