Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Turkish Delight is RIght




Again I bought myself a groupon, but this time for Sofra Turkish restaurant. Its located in the Lakeview neighborhood of chicago. It was my first time trying Turkish, but once there I realized its pretty similar to Middle Eastern food which I LOVE! So it was definite win! The place is really cozy! In the front windows they had a floor seating something I imaging being in a Turkish home, perhaps? They had a sheet on the ceiling to make it seem like you were sitting in a tent which i found super cool and unique! I've never seen anything like it before. I didn't want to use a flash so the pics aren't that great. Sorry.



The window floor seating 
 The tent effect ceiling
 The appetizer, Artichoke hearts, zucchini, bell pepers in a tomato sauce w/cheese! Heaven!!!! 
 My aunts entree chicken kabob, salad, rice, and yogurt 
 My entree beef kabob in lavash bread w/tomato sauce, rice, salad, yogurt
 Dessert: Turkish Flan, i liked it better then Mexican style









Bisous Bisous, The Rockin GerRoccan: Arkia

No comments:

Post a Comment