Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Susan G. Komen 3 day Breast Cancer Walk

On sunday..my aunt & i headed to solider field for the closing ceremony of breast cancer walk. 3 days. 60 miles. 1 goal. WOW! the closing ceremony gave me the chills!It was absolutely beautiful. I give every single of one those walkers major support and credit I don't think I could do it! This year my cousin decided to partake in the walk because many years ago on of our Aunts passed away from a long hard battle with breast cancer. It eventually consumed her entire body. Sadly I was very young when she passed and don't really remember her. :( But I am close with her daughter one of my other cousins. We didn't always get along, but we started to after I lost my mother to cancer at about the same age she lost her mom. She was 12 and I was 13. I think her mom passed away in the '94 or '95 I'm not sure and my mom passed in '00. BUT here are some pix from the closing ceremony. 

P.s The entire post was done in pink for Breast cancer awareness. 

19,000 walkers & they raised over 5 million dollars












 The ones wearing pink are the women who are walking & have survived the fight! 










Bisous Bisous, The Rockin GerRoccan: Arkia

No comments:

Post a Comment